Say hello to Chichi (@chichilittle), one of my great artist friends from the Philippines! Chichi and I have worked many times together for multiple projects but this one is my MOST FAVORITE of them all. The first sticker sheet is inspired by our friendship 👯 + cafe journaling! The second one is a tribute to my home country, the Philippines. This is probably the first “Philippine theme” stationery / sticker in Bungu Joshi! ^^
Explanation of the Philippine theme sticker sheet:
- Stationery girl is wearing traditional Filipino clothing (baro’t saya).
- Halo-halo is a popular cold dessert (shaved ice + fruits + milk + etc.) in the PH that literally means “mix-mix”. It’s my favorite dessert!
- The Philippine “tarsier” is one of the world's smallest primates.
- “Sarimanok” is a legendary bird of the Maranao people (Mindanao). “Sari” means a garment of different colours and “manok” means rooster.
- Mango (“mangga”) is the national fruit of the Philippines.